This message is posted in the name of Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum.
THE PRISONERS OF KL AUSCHWITZ-BIRKENAU
VICTIMS OF SLAVE LABOUR
FOR IG FARBEN-AUSCHWITZ COMPANY
IN COMMEMORATION OF 65 YEARS SINCE THE BEGINNING
OF BUILDING CHEMICAL FACTORY IN DWORY BY PRISONERS
PRODUCING FOR THE FRONT AND WEAPON INDUSTRY
OF THE 3RD REICH
APRIL 1941-APRIL 2006
THE REGULATIONS OF 8TH INTERNATIONAL FINE ARTS COMPETITION
“PEOPLE DOOMED PEOPLE TO THIS FATE”
I. The aims of the competition:
To commemorate the victims of Holocaust and genocide, to consolidate and extend the knowledge about KL Auschwitz-Birkenau, to cultivate respect for the history of nations that were victims of the mass murder, to pay special tribute to the suffering of Jews and Roma Gypsies based on the knowledge which accepted and experienced becomes the inspiration for the young from different countries to express their thoughts and feelings in an artistic form. The youth of victims’ and tormentors’ nations are especially in question.
1. Martyrdom of KL Auschwitz-Birkenau and Monowitz prisoners.
2. Solidarity among prisoners of different nations and religions.
3. Slave labour as a thrilling and effective means of genocide.
IV. The organizers
1. The organizations which were the initiators of the international editions of the competition are: Polish Union of Victims of Nazism, the Foundation of Polish-German Reconciliation in Warsaw and Youth Culture Centre No. 1 in Tychy.
2. Co-organizers are:
The Auschwitz Commemoration and Welfare Association of Oświęcim in Katowice, the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Oświęcim, the Town Hall in Tychy, the Town Education Council and the Town Culture Centre in Tychy.
3. The overseas partners:
the International Network of European Schools- Germany, The Association of Secondary-Schools Students for Commemorating Resistance Movement and Deportations- France, Halina Birenbaum- Israel, the International Brotherhood Relay Race- Italy, and The Set of Schools in Lindesberg- Sweden.
V. The terms and conditions of competition:
1. The competition is for children and youth participating in extra school activities organized by education institutions and students from all types of schools.
2. Age groups: 11 -15 years old, 16 - 21 years old.
3. Technique - free (except glass painting).
4. Size - engraving A4 or A-3, painting, drawing, collage, tapestry, etc. (max. 50 x 70 cm).
5. Works without frames, in passe-partout.
6. Several students’ works of art are not accepted.
7. Clear full particulars:
a) author’s name, age, full address, telephone number + code number,
b) institution’s name, full address, telephone number + code number, e-mail address,
c) teacher or instructor's name.
8. Dead-line for sending works: February 10 2006, at the address:
Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury, No. 1, 43 -100 Tychy, ul. Kardynała Hlonda 1, Polska,
Phone/fax number: +48 (032) 227-30-59
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The jury session is held on February 20, 2006.
Ex-prisoners of KL Auschwitz are invited to the jury of the competition:
- Professor Józef Szajna (the camp number 18729)- painter, scenographer, stage manager- Warsaw
- professor Marian Kołodziej (the camp number 432)- painter, scenographer- Gdańsk
- pan August Kowalczyk (the camp number 6804)- film and theatre actor, director,
the chairman of the National Board of Polish Unions of Nazism Victims and the Chairman of The Board of the Foundation of Monument-Hospice for the town of Oświęcim, the member of the Board of the Foundation of Polish-German Reconciliation- Warsaw.
- the scientific workers of the National Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau, the directors of the International Meeting Place of the Youth, the Centre of Dialog and Prayer in Oświęcim, the representatives of foreign embassies.
VII. The final of the competition:
The announcement of the results, handing over the awards and the opening of the post-competition exhibition is going to be held on April 05, 2006, at 11. 00 a.m. at the Youth Culture Centre, ul. Kardynała Hlonda 1, Tychy. The winners will be informed by telephone, mail or e-mail.
VIII. Some final remarks:
1. All sent works become the property of the organizers for the archive, exhibition and scientific purposes.
2. The organizers have the right to free copying of chosen works.
3. The verdict of the jury is unquestionable and final (no appeal against the jury’s decision).
4. The organizers do not give back the costs of travel but they can book food and accommodation on condition of payment.
5. We invite you to take part in the competition and wish you good luck!
Last updated October 28th, 2005