Wooden Synagogues of Poland in the 17th and 18th Century
David Dawidowicz: Synagogues in Poland and their Destruction
The models were based on the thorough and comprehensive research of the famous architects and researchers: Maria and Kazimierz Piechotka, Warszawa, Poland.
Asmall town in the province of Konskie.
The synagogue was built in the second half of the 18th c. and was burnt by the Germans during the Second World War. Its dimensions: 17 X 21m height: 16m.
The women's sections were on the ground floor as well as on the second floor. The brick wall in the front and the brick women's section at the south were both constructed in 1905.
Konskie History in Pinkas Hakehilot
Write in the Guest Book
Read the Guest Book
Return to Moshe Verbin: Wooden Synagogues in the 17th and 18th Century
Last Updated February 27th, 2003