Wooden Synagogues of Poland in the 17th and 18th Century
David Dawidowicz: Synagogues in Poland and their Destruction
The models were based on the thorough and comprehensive research of the famous architects and researchers: Maria and Kazimierz Piechotka, Warszawa, Poland.
A small town in the province of Kielce.
The synagogue was built in 1760 and was burnt by the Germans during the Second World War (3.9.1939).
Its dimensions: 18 X 21m, height: 14m.
The women's sections were at the west and at the south. The Almemar (Bimah) was placed near the entrance.
This synagogue was known as the most elaborate in Poland due to the carvings, the colorful wall-paintings done by Yehuda Leb and the colored glass windows.
Write in the Guest Book
Read the Guest Book
Return to Moshe Verbin: Wooden Synagogues in the 17th and 18th Century
Last Updated February 27th, 2003