The Gombin Jewish Historical and Genealogical Society and the Konin Regional Museum invite you to attend
THE DEDICATION OF THE GOMBIN MEMORIAL MONUMENT AT CHELMNO
Sunday, August 15th 1999
After four centuries of continued existence, the Jewish community of Gombin was destroyed in the Spring of 1942, when the German Nazis liquidated the town's ghetto and deported all the remaining Jews to Chelmno.
More than two thousand Jews from Gombin, men and women, young and old, were gassed and burned at the Chelmno extermination camp.
The Gombin Memorial Monument at Chelmno was made possible by contributions of survivors and descendants of Jewish Gombiners from all over the world. The design and execution of the work was initiated by the late Jan Rassumowski and completed by Stanislaw Mystek.
1) Picture of the Complete Monument
2) Another Picture of the Complete Monument
Micolai GIBS from Gombin Yizkor Book: "Memorials", Warsaw 1966
Return to the Memorials in Poland Web Page
Return to Ada's Gombin Web Page
Return to Ada Main Home Page