Wooden Synagogues of Poland in the 17th and 18th Century
David Dawidowicz: Synagogues in Poland and their Destruction
The models were based on the thorough and comprehensive research of the famous architects and researchers: Maria and Kazimierz Piechotka, Warszawa, Poland.
Jablonow is a small town in the province of Lvov.
The synagogue was built between 1650-1670 and was burnt during the First World War.
Its dimension: 14X15.5m, height: 13.5m.
The building was renovated and modified a few times as can be seen in the model. The galleries over the entrance room and in the two story annex at the north, served as the women's sections.
The ceiling and the walls were covered with colorful paintings, which were interspersed by prayers and biblical verses.
Next to each painting the name of its donor and the year of its execution (1674-1727) was written.
Write in the Guest Book
Read the Guest Book
Return to Moshe Verbin: Wooden Synagogues in the 17th and 18th Century
Last Updated February 27th, 2003