Another picture of "Hashomer Hatzay'ir" in Gombin, of a group "kvutza" called "Bamaaracha" - "in battle". It was Meir Holtzman own group. The picture was taken in 1934.
Standing, from left to right:
1) Welwek Friedland, perished in the Holocaust.
2) Moishe Zeidman
3) Izhak Glickzeliger. Dissapeared in Russia.
4) Yosel Woideslawsky.
5) A guest, not from Gombin.
6) Favesh Boll, from the family of cobblers. Perished in the Holocaust.
7) Lea Florkewicz. Survived in the Russian side, became a doctor of medicine and died recently in Israel. best friend of Yochevet Laks.
8) Meir Holtzman
9) Motel Gelbert, perished in the Holocaust.
10) Leon Zaleshinski, from Wolclawek, had a grandmother Stolcman (my family also).
11) Efraim Biebergal, his mother maiden name was Fleishman.
12) Moshe Cermalinski, brother of the late Sol Simon, to whom I am related, as found out only recently. Perished in the Holocaust.
We shall never forget!
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page
Return to Ada's home page